Sign In

​Bachelor Degree Registration


Explore registration policies, procedures, information and other services for undergraduate students.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Registration Process.png

Course Reg​is​​​tr​​​at​ion

During the advi​sing week, ​​and prior to the registration period, students meet with their academic advisors to plan their schedules for the coming semester according to their Program of Study (POS). Once a student identifies the courses she needs to take, she should complete the registration process through the Student Information System (SIS) during the registration period specified in the Academic Calendar, and according to the level of priority announced by the Registration Unit. 

After the registration p​eriod of the Fall or Spring semester ends, students are allowed to register only during the first week of classes. Accordingly, a late registration fee will be charged.

​The Registration Unit is responsible for conducting the registration of the following categories of students: 
  1. New students
  2. Returning students who are placed in the University Academic Preparation Program (UAPP) levels.​​​
  3. Returning students who completed the UAPP levels and were promoted to the freshman level.

Course Load

All students must maintain the required course load and register the Semester Credit Hours (SCH) as follows:​

Semester Credit Hours (SCH) Status

12-18 SCH

Regular students in freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years

16-18 SCH

DAH scholarship students in freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years

1 - 7 SCH

Summer session

​Students whose Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is 4.50 or above have the right to register for 19 to 21 SCH in a regular semester. Students with a CGPA lower than 4.50 need the approval of the Dean of Students to register for an overload. However, exceptions are made for students, with a CGPA of 2.75, who are enrolled for the last semester prior to graduation. In no case will a student be allowed to enroll for more than 21 SCH. In addition to the standard University tuition fee, students with a credit overload have to pay the cost of the extra credit hours as per the University fee structure. Students wishing to register for an overload of credits may do so by completing, during the registration period announced by the Registration Unit, the "Course Overload e-from" (available in the Petition System).

Adding and Dr​​​​opping Courses

Students must first consult with their academic advisors before adding and dropping courses, and they should maintain the required course load during this process. Adding and dropping courses will be done through the Student Information System (SIS) according to the dates specified in the Academic Calendar.

Prerequisites and Co-requisites

Some courses may require pre-requisite or co-requisite courses. Through the help of the academic advisor, students must ensure all pre-requisite or co-requisite course(s) are taken in the same sequence as in the POS. Any exceptions regarding the waiver of a pre-requisite or a co-requisite course​ that is supported by the academic advisor must have a written justification and an approval from the department chair. Students can apply to waive a pre-requisite or a co-requisite course by completing the "Course ​Pre-requisite Waiving e-Form" (available in the Petition System).

Registering in a Closed Section

Students have the right to apply for registering in a closed section during the registration period announced by the Registration Unit. After clearing any conflict, pre-requisite, or load issues, students can apply to the waiting list for registering in a closed section through the Student Information System (SIS). If the waiting list application was not successful, students can apply for a petition, during the allowed period, by completing the "Registering in a Closed Section e-Form" (available in the Petition System). Students are responsible for monitoring the status of their application in both systems as applying only does not guarantee a successful registration in the closed section.

Repeating Courses

Students may repeat a course to eliminate the effect of a low grade, or to meet graduation requirements, within the maximum time limit required for graduation. When a course is repeated, only the highest grade earned in the course will be counted when calculating the student's GPA. However, the old grade will appear on the transcript.

Repeating a Passed Course

Students may repeat a course in which they obtained a grade of "D" or "D+" pnly once by completing the "Repeat Passed Course Form​" (available at the Registration Unit) and obtaining the approval of the academic advisor and the department chair.

Repeating a Failed Course

Students may repeat a failed course (a course in which they received a grade of "F", "NF" or "DN") twice, the registration for which should be completed through the Student Information System (SIS).

Failing a Repeated Course for the Third Time

If a student fails a course thrice, she has the following options:

  1. Take an alternative course (equivalent in content to the failed course);
  2. Do an independent study in any of the subjects of the course (such as writing a research paper, summarizing articles, or doing a project upon the approval and under the supervision of the department chair and the instructor of the course);
  3. Take the course, as a transfer course, outside the University, with the prior approval as per the policy of transfer of credits.​
​​​​​Student Clearance.png

Deferral of Study..

Students who decide to defer thier study must apply for a petition during the deferral of study period specified in the Academic Calendar. Students in this case are required to complete the "Student Clearance e-Form" (available in the Petition System), discuss thier reasons for deferral of study, and obtain the approval of the dean of students. Scholarship and financial aid students must obtain the approval of the Scholarship Unit before applying for a deferral of study.

Students are permitted to defer thier study before the end of the second week of classes of every semester. Student have the right to defer thier study for three interrupted or consecutive semesters during thier years of study. Taking into consideration that the active time frame of the deferral is one semester, students must apply for each deferred semester separately. At the end of the deferred semester, students must either rejoin the University in the semester that follows, apply for another deferral of study, or withdraw from the University. Otherwise, they will be considered disenrolled. The deferral of study semester will not be counted towards the Maximum Time Frame (MTF).


Students who fail to rejoin the University during the first two weeks of the semester, or fail to either to apply for a deferral of study or a withdrawal from the University, will be disenrolled for that semester only. Such students have the right to rejoin the University in the following semester.

The Registration Unit deactivates the students' records if they fail to rejoin the University after a disenrolled semester. However, they have the right to apply for a reactivation of records or readmission at a later stage.

Semester or University Withdrawal

A student who wishes to withdraw either from the semester in which she is currently enrolled, or from the University, must first discuss the reason for withdrawing with the dean of students. If she still wishes to withdraw, she must apply for a petition during the allowed period by completing the "Student Clearance e-Form" (available in the Petition System) and continue to attend classes until she gets all the required approvals on the Petition system and ensures that the withdrawal process in the Registration Unit has been completed. The student should inform, then, her course instructors and academic advisor about her withdrawal process and the final status. A student who stops attending classes without a formal withdrawal will receive a "DN" grade or the so-far-earned grade for all her registered courses. If the student is a scholarship or a financial aid student, she must obtain the approval from the Scholarship Unit before starting the withdrawal process.

Withdrawal from a Semester

Students have the right to withdraw from a semester only during the withdrawal period specified in the Academic Calendar for that semester. Upon the completion of the withdrawal process, students must rejoin the University in the following semester. If they fail to rejoin, they must either apply for a deferral of study or for a withdrawal from the University. Otherwise, they will be considered disenrolled.

The following will be implemented in case a student withdraws from the semester:

  1. The student will receive a grade of "W" for all the registered courses.
  2. The semester will be counted towards the MTF.

Withdrawal from the University

A student has the right to withdraw from the University prior, during, or after the withdrawal period specified in the Academic Calendar; however, the following consequences apply:

  1. Prior to the withdrawal period: The Registration Unit will drop all of the student's courses.
  2. During the withdrawal period: The Registration Unit will assign a "W" grade to all the student's courses, and the semester from which the student withdrew will be counted towards the MTF. The withdrawal from the University will effectively appear on the student's record the following semester.
  3. After the withdrawal period: the student will receive a grade of "DN", based on her attendance record, or the so-far-earned grade for each course. The withdrawal from the University will effectively appear on the student's record the following semester.

The Registration Unit will deactivate the record of the students who permanently withdraw from the University. Students have the right to reactivate their records within four semesters.

​​​​​​​Reactivation of Students' Record

Students whose records are deactivated have the right to apply for reactivation of records by completing the "Re-activation / Re- admission Form" (available at the Registration Unit) within four semesters starting from the deactivated semester until the first week of classes of the requested semester. Upon the approval of the dean of students, such a student must pay a non-refundable reactivation fee at the accounting department. Students are allowed to reactivate their records only once. Students who were enrolled in another university and applying for a reactivation must submit their transcript of records from the other university. Upon reactivation of records, students should follow the active Program of Study (POS) of their respective majors.

The following students do not have the right to apply for reactivation:

  1. Those who have had an academic or disciplinary dismissal from Dar Al-Hekma University.
  2. Those who have disciplinary dismissals from other univerisites.
  3. The univeristy has the right to cancel a readmission application, if a student has been identified to have recived a disipliary dismissal.

Readmission to the University

In the cases below, students have to apply for readmission and not reactivation by completing the "Re-activation / Re-admission Form"​ (available at the Registration Unit):

  1. If the application date is four semesters past the deactivated semester.
  2. If the applicant exceeded the reactivation attempt allowed.
  3. If the applicant had an academic dismissal.

Students who wish to apply for readmission must submit their application two weeks before the beginning of the requested semester. Upon the approval of the dean of students, applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee at the accounting department.

Applicants must meet the admission criteria in the requested readmission semester except for those who did not exceed the four semesters' time limit. Any related admission criteria cases are studied on a case-by-case basis.

Students who have received a disciplinary dismissal from Dar Al-Hekma University, or from other universities, do not have the right to apply for readmission. The University has the right to cancel the readmission applications of such cases.

​​​​Transfer of Credits New.png

Transfer from Other Universities to Dar Al-Hekma University:

​Categories of Transfer Students:

1. New Transfer Students:

New transfer students must meet all the undergraduate admission criteria specified for new applicants. Students transferring from other universities, where English is the medium of instruction, may not be required to take the English proficiency test upon entrance to Dar Al-Hekma University. Students who have successfully completed A-Level, IB or AP examinations are entitled to receive credits for the courses they passed. New transfer students can apply for transfer of credits by completing the "Transfer of Credits Request Form" (available at the Registration Unit).

2. Dar Al-Hekma Former Students Rejoining the University:

Former students, who intend to re-join the University after their records are reactivated or after being readmitted, have the right to apply for transfer of credits from other universities if they meet the transfer of credits eligibility requirements.

3. Dar Al-Hekma University Students Visiting Other Universities:

Students visiting other universities during their years of study at Dar Al-Hekma University must obtain the approval of their respective department chair prior to applying to the other university by completing the "Transfer of Credits Permission Form" (available at the Registration Unit). During the summer session, the University refrains from transferring credits for students who intend to visit other Universities in Jeddah if the course in question is offered at Dar Al-Hekma University.

Required Documents

Transfer students must submit the following documents to the Registration Unit or send them to the following email: one week, at the latest, before the first day of classes of the semester:

  1. An official transcript from the university they are transferring from.
  2. A detailed description of all the courses taken in the other university.

Eligibility Requirements

Transfer students are eligible to transfer their credits upon fulfilling the requirements below:

  1. The university from which the student is transferring must be recognized by the Ministry of Education (MOE). Please visit the Ministry's W​ebsite.
  2. The Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) must be equivalent to "C" or above during the last semester in the previous university.
  3. Transfer students must not have been dismissed from the previous university for disciplinary reasons.

Processing Transfer of Credits

The Registration Unit needs 10 to 15 working days to process any transfer of credits. The transfer of credits process is conducted based on the following:

  1. The course should have been completed within five years preceding the application of transfer of credits. Courses older than five years are considered on a case-by-case basis.
  2. The course has not been ​completed through correspondence and/or distance learning.
  3. The grade earned for a course studied at the other higher education institution must be:
    1. "C" (equivalent to 70%) or higher for a major requirement course.
    2. "D" (equivalent to 60%) or higher for a general requirement course.
  4. The course must match 80% of the content of a similar course offered at Dar Al-Hekma University.
  5. If the course does not fulfill the criteria mentioned in the fourth point, the credits are transferred as a general education elective course or a free elective course with the exact number of the credits taken.
  6. The Arabic or Islamic courses studied at local higher education institutions are transferred as Arabic or Islamic courses with the exact number of credits taken.
  7. Transfer students do not earn grade points for the transferred courses. The Registration Unit considers only the credits of the transferred courses and designates the grade of "No grade – Pass" (NP) for each transferred course.
  8. The credits of the transferred courses are counted into the Maximum Time Frame (MTF) of the program at Dar Al Hekma University.

Limitation on the Number of Credits Allowed to be Transferred from Other Universities

Dar Al-Hekma University allows students to transfer a maximum of 50% of the total credit hours required for their graduation at the University. Transfer students must complete at least 60% of their junior and senior year courses at Dar Al-Hekma University. No credits will be transferred if they exceed the Program of the Study (POS) requirements.

Change of Major or Track

Initially, a students specify the intended academic major or track on the Undergraduate Admission Application, and later the student has right to change the major she applied for. However, the decision to change an academic major is a matter of great significance and should be pursued only after thoughtful deliberation. Students who change majors must meet all requirements of the new major. A change of major or track may consequently lead to a time extension beyond the typical semesters of academic study.

Student who wish to change thier majors must first consult with the Counseling and Career Advising Office at the University to review the Professional Interest Test (PIT) results.

Students can apply to change their majors by completing the "Change of Major e-from" (available in the Petition System) within the change of major period specified in the Academic Calendar. On the application, the students should:

  1. Explain the reason for changing the major.
  2. Consider the completed courses that will not be counted towards graduation.
  3. Verify the need to withdraw courses that will not be counted towards the new major and, hence, graduation. The withdrawal from these courses must be completed before the deadline specified in the Academic Calendar while taking into consideration the minimum course load per semester.

Upon the change of major, a new academic advisor will be assigned to each student from within the new major. 

Students can apply to change track by completing the "Change of Track Form"​ (available at the Registration Unit) within the allowed period for chaining major as specified in the Academic Calendar.

​​Grading System

​The following grading system is followed at Dar Al-Hekma University:

Grades Symbols and Definitions

  • A+: Exceptional
    ​Equivalent to a numerical grade of 95-100% and indicates an outstanding achievement of distinction.

  • A: Excellent
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 90-94% and indicates a superior achievement of distinction.

  • B+: Very Good
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 85-89% and indicates very good extensive achievement.

  • B: Good
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 80-84 % and indicates good extensive achievement.

  • C+: Above Average
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 75-79% and indicates an above average achievement.

  • C: Average
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 70-74% and indicates satisfactory achievement.

  • D+: High Pass
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 65-69% and indicates a high pass achievement.

  • D: Pass
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of 60-64 % and indicates minimal achievement.

  • F: Fail
    Equivalent to a numerical grade of less than 60% and indicates inadequate achievement and that the course must be repeated to secure credits.

  • DN: Denial
    Indicates that a student was administratively dropped from a course due to exceeding the allowed absence limit.

  • IP: In Progress
    Is given only for research-based courses which require more than one semester for completion. Upon completion, the "IP" grade is replaced with the new earned grade.

  • IC: Incomplete
    Is given to a student who successfully completed a minimum of 60% of the course work requirements but was not able to take the final exam or complete the final project on the due date for a valid reason submitted ahead of time.

  • AF: Absence Failure
    Is a temporary grade assigned to students who completed a minimum of 60% of the course work requirements and passed them but failed to attend the final exam or submit the final project on the due date and time without previous notice.

  • W: Withdrawal
    Indicates that the student withdrew from a course within the allowed period for withdrawal.

  • NP: No grade – Pass
    Is assigned for Pass/Fail-based courses and is equivalent to a numerical grade of 70% and above. A grade of "NP" is also assigned to courses transferred from other universities.

  • NF: No grade – Fail
    Is assigned for Pass/Fail-based courses only and is equivalent to a numerical grade of less than 70%.

Grade Point Average

Dar Al-Hekma University uses a five-point grade system for calculating the Grade Point Average (GPA) and adopts the following grade points equivalent for each grade symbol:

  • A+ = 5.00 points

  • A = 4.75 points

  • B+ = 4.50 points

  • B = 4.00 points

  • C+ = 3.50 points

  • C = 3.00 points

  • D+ = 2.50 points

  • D = 2.00 points

  • F or DN = 1.00 point

Semester Grade Point Average

The Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) is calculated by dividing the total number of grade points earned per credit hour by the total number ofcredit hours in a semester.

Cumulative Grade Point Average

The Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is calculated by dividing ​the total number of grade points earned per credit hour by the total number credit hours in all the courses taken at Dar Al-Hekma University. The grades of transferred courses from other universities are not used to calculate the CGPA.

​The grade of "NP" does not effectively have grade points, and therefore, it does not affect the GPA calculation. The grades of "IP," "IC," and "AF" do not have grade points and do not impact the calculation of the CGPA. Dar Al-Hekma University considers the credits in which these grades are received to be attempted, but not successfully completed, and therefore, will decrease the overall successful course completion percentage until given grade points.

The grades of "NF" and "W" bear no grade points, and therefore, they do not influence the calculation of the CGPA. In this case, the University considers the credits in which these grades are received to be attempted, but not successfully completed, and therefore, they will decrease the overall percentage successful course completion.

GPA Calculator

Grading Operations

Dar Al-Hekma University follows the rules and regulations below in its grading operations.

Grade Submission

The final grades of a course are posted on the Student Information System (SIS) for the student view within a maximu period of three days from the date of the final exam of each course.

Changing of a Grade

The allowed period to change a grade is during the semester following the date of the final exam date of the concerned course. During the allowed period, the course instructor has the right to change a grade of a student if she/he provides a valid justification for the change and gets it approved by the respective department chair and the dean of school.

Withdrawal from a Course

Students may withdraw from a course during the period specified in the Academic Calendar if they are having difficulty in the course; experiencing serious medical problems, not being able to develop the required skills to pass the course, or having other valid reasons. The student needs to discuss such a dicision with her academic advisor while taking into consideration that a minimum course load of 12 Semester Credit Hours (SCH) must be maintained after withdrawal. The student will be allowed to withdraw from the same course of two times only.

Students who wish to withdraw from a course must complete a "Course Withdrawal e-form" (available in the Petition System). If students stop attending classes without officially withdrawing from the course, they will receive a "DN" grade in that course. 

The following will be implemented in case of course withdraws:

  1. A grade of "W", which is not calculated towards the withdrawn student's GPA, will be assigned to the course.

  2. The credit hours of a withdrawn course are counted as attempted (but not earned) when calculating the student's minimum completion rate of 67%, in order to graduate within the Maximum Time Frame (MTF) of her Program of Study (POS).

Incomplete Grade ("IC" Grade)

Application for an Incomplete Grade

Students have the right to apply for a grade of Incomplete (IC) in a course if they are unable to take the final exam or submit the final project on the due date due to circumstances, including but not limited to, health problems or a death in the family. In this case, the student must complete the "Request for Incomplete Grade) e-Form" (available in the Petition System) before the due date of the final exam. When filling out the requests application, students must upload the necessary documents to validate the reasons for not completing the course final requirement.

The course instructor assigns a grade of "IC" to the student if the following conditions are met:

  1. Successfully completing a minimum of 60% of the course work requirements.

  2. Providing enough documents that support the request application.

The course instructor and the department chair have the right to decline rescheduling a final exam for the student if no valid reason and supporting evidence are provided.

Students who miss a final exam and fail to officially apply for the grade of "IC", receives a grade of Absence Failure (AF). Students who fail to show up within one week after the date of the missed final exam and submit authentic documents to support the absence will receive the so-far-earned grade in that course. If the students show up within the one-week period with valid documents to support thier absence, the instructor will change the grade of "AF" to "IC" and reschedules the final exam for them.

Removal of an Incomplete Grade ("IC")

Students who receive a grade of "IC" must deliver the incomplete work of the course within eight weeks after the initial final exam date for that course. If thos students fail to deliver the work within the identified period, she receives the so-far-earned grade of the course. Students who have an 'IC" grade on thier transcript will not be able to graduate.

​​Good Academic Standing

Students are considered in good academic standing if they maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.75 or higher, which is the minimum CGPA required for graduation.

President's Honor List

Upon fulfilling the criteria below, students are placed on the President's Honor List, as an official recognition of their outstanding academic achievement:

  1. Having completed a minimum of 15 Semester Credit Hours (SCH) in the fall or spring semester (excluding SCH received for Pass/Fail-based courses).

  2. Having achieved a Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) of 4.85 or higher.

  3. Having met the above criteria for two consecutive semesters either (fall and spring), or (spring and fall).

  4. Not having received any grades of "F", "NF", "DN" or "IC" for any course.

The President's Honor List status is posted each semester on the student's transcript and is not removed unless the student subsequently fails to meet one of the above-mentioned criteria.

Academic Probation

Dar Al-Hekma University places students on academic probation if their work does not meet the University minimum standards, and they do not succeed in maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.75. During the probationary period, students must raise their CGPA to the minimum accepted level, and therefore, she must:

  1. Register for a course load of only 11 to 13 SCH per semester.

  2. Repeat major requirement courses or general requirement courses in which they have failed with an "F" or a "DN" grade. The academic advisor has the right to ask students on academic probation to repeat courses in which they got a "D" or a "D+" grade to help improve their CGPA.

  3. Follow up with their academic advisors on their performance and academic load.

Students cannot remain on academic probation for more than three consecutive semesters, consequently, those who fail to demonstrate satisfactory progress at the end of the third probationary semester will be dismissed from the University.

Academic Dismissal

Dar Al-Hekma University dismisses students on probation who fail to show satisfactory academic progress by the end of the third probationary semester. The University also dismisses students on probation if it is mathematically proven that it is impossible for them to reestablish satisfactory progress at any point during the probationary period. In addition, students who are deemed unable to successfully complete all program requirements prior to the expiration of the Maximum Time Frame (MTF) will be dismissed without benefiting from any probationary period.

Dismissed students can apply for readmission to Dar Al-Hekma University under a different ID number upon the approval of the dean of students. The applicants must comply with all the published admissions requirements and demonstrate to the dean of students and the respective department chair the ability and the determination to successfully resume their studies.

Appeal for Academic Dismissal

Students have the right to appeal to the dean of students when they receive a dismissal notification as a result of the application of the Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress policy. Students who appeal must complete the "Dismissal Waving Request Form"​ (available at the Registration Unit) and provide evidence ​to prove their ability to maintain satisfactory academic progress during the remaining years of study. Students must provide solid evidence of any particular circumstances that negatively affected their academic performance. Students who successfully waives an academic dismissal notification will be considered on probation for the subsequent semester.

​​​Graduation Declaration.png

Application for Graduation

Students are considered expected to graduate if the total remaining Semester Credit Hours (SCH) is less than 50 SCH. Accordingly, students who are expected to graduate must complete a "Request for Graduation e-Form" (available in the Petition System). This form should be completed and submitted within the declaration of graduation period specified in the ​Academic Calendar one semester before graduation.. During that process, students must meet with their academic advisors to:

  1. Review the graduation requirements, including the remaining courses and credit hours as per the Program of Study (POS), Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and the Maximum Time Frame (MTF).

  2. Plan the distribution of the remaining courses over the semester of expected graduation (i.e. courses to be taken in the current semester, the semester of expected graduation, and the summer session, if applicable).

  3. Confirm thier eligibility to graduate in the semester​ of expected graduation.

Expected graduates who apply within the specified period must pay a non-refundable graduation processing fee at the accounting department. Any delay in the payment or in the submission of the form will incur an additional fee as per Dar Al-Hekma University fee structure.

Students are rendered responsible for providing a copy of their recent passports to the admission unit, to make sure that their names on the graduation certificate should match the names in the passport. If a student does not have a passport, she must provide any applicable official document such as the national identity card.

Graduation Requirements

​Students will graduate upon meeting all the following graduation requirements:

  1. A complete application for the graduation process.

  2. A minimum CGPA of 2.75.

  3. Graduation within the MTF.

  4. A successful completion of all the courses and credit hours as specified in the POS.

Failing to meet any of the graduation requirements leads to the suspension of the student's graduation. Students who do not attain a CGPA up to 2.75 or more, must repeat the courses in which they earned a "D" or "D+" to improve their CGPA. In addition, students who fail to graduate within the MTF of their POS will be dismissed as per the academic probation and dismissal policy.

Graduation Status

Students will graduate under the following status based on their CGPA:

  • Excellent: 4.50 – 5.00

  • Very Good: 3.75 – 4.49

  • Good: 2.75 – 3.74

Graduation with Honors

​Dar Al-Hekma University awards an honors status to students with a CGPA between 4.25 – 5.00 only if they did not earn any grades of "F", "NF" or "DN" during their study at the University as stated below:

  • Excellent with First Honor: 4.75 – 5.00

  • Excellent with Second Honor: 4.50 – 4.74

  • Very Good with Second Honor: 4.25 – 4.49


Dar Al-Hekma University conducts one Commencement Ceremony annually during or towards the end of the spring semester. Students who have completed the graduation requirements are required to attend the Commencement Ceremony. Students who are left with a maximum of 7 SCH to complete during the summer session of a certain academic year are permitted to join the Commencement Ceremony of that year as expected-to-graduate students.

If a graduating student wishes to excuse herself from attending the Commencement Ceremony, she must obtain the approval of the dean of the students.

Graduation Clearance.png

Issuing and Reissuing Graduation Certificates

The registration unit issues graduation certificates within 6-8 working weeks after the end of the semester. Students must apply for a "Graduation Clearance e-Form" (available in the Petition System) in order to receive their certificates.

If a student changes her name, or her certificate is damaged, lost or destroyed, she has the right to request a reissue of her graduation certificate following the steps below:

  1. Submit the original certificate to the registrat​ion unit in case her name is changed, or her graduation certificate is damaged;

  2. Bring her identification card and a copy of the passport;

  3. Complete a "Request to Reissue Graduation Certificate Form"​ (available at the registration unit).​

  4. Pay a non-refundable fee at the Accounting Department.

​A reissued certificate requires 6-8 working weeks to be processed.

​​​​The Acad​​emic Calendar

​The academic calendar lists the dates of all the major events that occur in an academic year such as: beginning and end of semesters, exam weeks, drop and add, and official breaks. It also specifies the deadlines of important registration procedures, such as course registration, withdrawal and reactivation of records. The registration unit announces the approved academic calendar before the beginning of the academic year and publishes it on the DAH website. However, the academic calendar is subject ​to change without prior notice, and therefore, all students are responsible for checking the calendar on a regular basis. 

Click here to access the Academic Calendar​.

Student Lockers and Keys

The registration unit assigns lockers to students and issues keys upon request. Students must return the keys of their lockers, when they graduate or officially withdraw from the University. If a locker key is lost, forgotten, or damaged, the student must report to the registration unit to obtain a replacement key and pay a fine of (SR 60 + VAT). Students are not allowed to make copies of their lockers’ keys.

Issuing Official Letters, Transcripts and True Copies of Graduation Certificate

The registration unit issues official letters and documents such as Student Acknowledgment Letter, University Acknowledgement Letter, Graduation Acknowledgment Letter, Certificate of Good Conduct, transcripts and true certifies copies of the graduation certificate for non refundable fees as follows:

  • Any type of letter: SR 20 + VAT.

  • A transcript: SR 30 + VAT.

  • A true copy of a certificate: SR 50 + VAT.

Students have to pay at the accounting department to receive any of the above and submit the receipt to the registration unit. Scholarship students must seek the approval of the scholarship unit before filing a request for issuing transcripts. The University also provides shipment services.

Title Download
Change of Track Request Form Change of Track Request Form
Minor Request Form Minor Request Form
Delegation Delegation
Dismissal Waiving Request Form Dismissal Waiving Request Form
Re-Admission, Re-Activation Re-Admission, Re-Activation
Repeat Passed Course Repeat Passed Course
Request to Reissue Graduation Certificate Request to Reissue Graduation Certificate
Transfer of Credits Permission Transfer of Credits Permission
Transfer of Credits Request Transfer of Credits Request

For an optimal experience please
rotate your device to portrait mode