The Masters of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Program at Dar Al-Hekma University is the first of its kind in the region. The program trains graduate students to become specialists in providing behavior analysis services to individuals with challenging behavior and/or skill deficits. The curriculum focuses on the clinical and educational applications of ABA, while also providing an intensive practicum experience to enhance and strengthen students' application of the principles of ABA in both settings. Our graduates will be able to cater to the needs of all individuals affected by the autism spectrum disorders (ASD), developmental disabilities, educational and behavioral challenges, and mental health issues. Having holders of a master's degree in ABA in such a type of practice will lead to the development and the advancement of the professional practice of applied behavior analysis in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
To graduate professionals and scholars committed to enhancing the quality of life of individuals, providing them with state-of-the-art behavior analytic services, and leading radical advancement in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis in Saudi Arabia.
- Lead radical and positive change in the field through enhancing the proficiency and standards of practice in applied behavior analysis in Saudi Arabia.
- Develop new knowledge and skills to consistently bring about positive behavior change.
- Increase the number of competent individuals and clinicians available to train direct service personnel, including educators and their assistants.
- Disseminate knowledge and research related to applied behavior analysis to members of the community of Saudi Arabia, especially to educators, family members, and policy makers.
Why choose this Program at Dar Al-Hekma University?
- It is the first program in ABA in the Middle East and the only program in KSA.
- The courses in the program are verified by the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).
- The program is directed by the first and only Saudi with a Ph.D. in ABA and certified as a BCBA-D.
- The program focuses on the clinical and educational applications of ABA.
- It provides an intensive practicum experience to enhance and strengthen students' application of the principles of ABA in clinical and educational settings.
- The program provides opportunities for state-of-the-art research in the field of behavior analysis.
For further details about admissions,
| Required Bachelor|
| Pre-Requisite Program||Othe Admission Requirement|
|Master of Science in|
Applied Behavior Analysis
|550||A Bachelor Degree in one of the
following degrees or any related field:
- Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Special Education.
On Successful completion of this program. graduates will be able to:
- Explain major philosophical underpinnings, concepts, and principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Identify interventions, methods, techniques, and practices relevant to applied behavior analysis.
- Describe a range of established and specialized research and inquiry techniques in applied behavior analysis.
- Assess target behaviors using different behavioral assessments.
- Implement behavior change procedures within individualized treatment plans.
- Evaluate the effects of treatment based on appropriate data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Conduct research or professional projects using specialized research and enquiry methodologies in applied behavior analysis.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, behavior analytic content using information technology and the American Psychological Association (APA) style.
- Develop function-based treatment plans for socially significant target behaviors.
- Demonstrate professional practice in compliance with the relevant codes of ethics in the field of applied behavior analysis.
- Demonstrate leadership and collaborative consultation skills with high integrity and display responsibility in work teams, with families, and community members.
- Initiate professional development activities that promote life-long learning.
|Semester – Fall||Semester – Spring|
|MABA 6301||Concepts and Principles in Applied Behavior Analysis ||3||MABA 6304||Research I: Measurement and Experimental Design||3|
|MABA 6302||Ethical and Professional Practice in Applied Behavior Analysis ||3||MABA 6305||Behavioral Assessment ||3|
|MABA 6303||Behavior Change |
|3||MABA 6305||Behavior Change |
|MABA 6309||Analysis of Verbal Behavior||3||MABA 6310||Applied Behavior Analysis in Education||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12||Total Credit Hours||12|
|Year Two |
|Semester – Fall||Semester – Spring|
|MABA 6307||Research II:Conducting Applied Research ||3||MABA 6308||Leadership, Management, Supervision and Training||3|
|MABA 6601||Practicum I||6||MABA 6602||Practicum I||6|
|MABA 6311||Clinical Problem-Solving and Decision Making in ABA||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12||Total Credit Hours||9|
| ||Total Credit Hours for
Graduation 45|| || |
| || |
The program equips students with the necessary skills that qualify them for a variety of career paths/jobs in the market including, but not limited to: