Scientific Research Center
The mission of the DAH Scientific Research Center: to create a culture of research that fosters knowledge creation needed for the community and develop skilled, ethical, and productive investigators who add value to their disciplines.
To accomplish DAH's vision of excellence in teaching and research, the Scientific Research Center (SRC) was established in September 2012 to promote, encourage, and support the advancement of research and development in the Kingdom.
The purpose of the Scientific Research Center is to create and recommend administrative council's research-related policies and procedures for use by faculty, staff, students, and non-DAH researchers. These policies and procedures will be used to ensure that all research conducted 1) advances scholarship in the bodies of knowledge encompassed by the institution, 2) uses best practices in research, 3) protects the safety and confidentiality of human subjects, and 4) is ethical. The Research Center coordinates the University Research Committee meetings and, with the Committee, processes and approves research applications by DAH faculty and non-DAH researcher as well as makes decisions and recommendations on student research ethical approvals.
As Dar Al-Hekma University continues to lead in educating and empowering women, it recognizes the importance of knowledge generation and knowledge transfer through research, scholarship, and teaching. With a set of defined goals and objectives, DAH is committed to bringing together academic researchers and collectively accomplish the following objectives:
- Maximize opportunities for discovery and innovation at the university.
- Optimize the use of research and scholarship resources and funds.
- Promote and support internationally competitive research projects.
- Create the appropriate infrastructure to support research growth.
- Encourage collaborative and interdisciplinary research within the university and across institutional boundaries.
- Facilitate the development and training of DAH researchers.
- Promote DAH research capabilities through effective communication and dissemination of research results.
- Engage with the community to solve problems and benefit the society.