To graduate competent women, leading educators, scholars and researchers in the field of Special Education.
Why choose the Special Education Program (SPED) in Dar Al-Hekma University?
- The special education program at Dar Al-Hekma University (DAHU)is the only one in Saudi Arabia which follows the CEC Professional PreparationStandards.
- The special education program emphasises both theoretical and practical applications in the field.
- Following a comprehensive foundational preparation on key topics and current advances in the field of special education, students choose between three emphasises: Applied Behaviour Analysis, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Language-based Learning disabilities.
A Brief Summary of Emphasis Courses
Applied Behavior Analysis ABA Emphasis
- The only program in the Middle East that includes a Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB® )Verified Course Sequence which prepares students to sit for the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA®) exam upon graduation from the University.
- The BCaBA® exam pass rates can be found atwww.bacb.com.Please note that the pass-rate data are not published for sequences with fewer than six first-time candidates in a single year or for sequences within their first four years of operation.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Emphasis
The Autism Spectrum Disorder emphasis equips students with the theoretical knowledge and professional skills to work with children, adolescents, and adults diagnosed with ASD. Upon completion of their degree, students will be able to conduct a variety of diagnostic tools and a selection of screening and evaluation methods. The courses within the ASD emphasis foster the necessary reasoning skills to evaluate, construct, and apply evidence-based interventions.
Language Based Learning Disabilities Emphasis
The Language Based Learning Disabilities emphasis is the only special education program in the Middle Eastthat focuses on language based learning disabilities. A special attention is given to the assessment, identification and intervention for children and adult with reading disabilities (including but not limited to Dyslexia). Upon completion of their degree, students will be able to screen school-aged children and adults at risk of literacy and reading difficulties, and to design programs and intervention plans that meet their needs.
- Schools and Special Education centers
- Education publishers/ companies
- Educational consultants
- Reading Specialists