The Psychology Program at Dar Al -Hekma University has a rigorous curriculum that provides students with the scientific knowledge that would enhance their understanding of human behavior and enable them to apply that knowledge in real settings. The program has an engaging learning environment that fosters students’ growth, integrity and self-fulfillment. The curriculum is designed to help students become critical and creative thinkers and skillful researchers. Equipped with the necessary knowledge and tools, students will be empowered to offer excellent services to clients, be the catalyst for change in the community, and improve the field of psychology in Saudi Arabia
“To graduate ethical and competent professionals to best serve and advance the field of Psychology within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
Why choose this program at DAH?
The Bachelor of Science in psychology program
- Prepares students to specialize in any area of interest
- Gives students the opportunity to participate in ongoing research
- Innovative courses not offered in other universities in the kingdom
- Offers opportunities to conduct, analyze, and use psychological research
- Strengthens students' knowledge about their future careers
- Majority of faculty members are practitioners in the field
- Offers students a hands-on experience
- Provides students with a foundation of knowledge valued in a wide range of Professions, such as law, human resources, business, medicine as well as many other fields
- Builds a competent student with a range of options for their next academic or career choice
|Program||TOEFL Score (University Level)||Required Certificate|
|Qudurat Test Score||Other Admission |
Bachelor of Science|
|510||A minimum High-School|
Percentage of 80%
- Describe normal and abnormal human behavior.
- Describe the distinguishing the symptoms of major psychological disorders.
- Examine issues related to preventions, intervention, counselling, and assessments of human thoughts, behavior, and affect.
- Compare and contrast various paradigms of therapy to various disorders.
- Explain the clinical process of interviewing, diagnosing and treating clients.
- Develop ethical competence which reflects adequate training level which appreciate cultural differences.
- Demonstration of new knowledge which facilitate evidence based practice for clinical care.
- Support skills relating to technology, SPSS, and data analysis to guide students when working in psychological research.
- Perform interventions in order to facilitate prevention, assessment, and clinical procedure for clients with psychological disorders.
- Vocational Training Teacher
- Health Care Facility Administrator
- Advertising Sales
- Market Research Analyst
- Occupational Analyst
- Patient Resources
- Career/Employment Counselor
- Personnel Recruiter
- Employment Interviewer
- Victims' Advocate
- Child Development Specialist
- Preschool Teacher
- Child Welfare/Placement Caseworker
- Coach Psychiatric Aide/Attendant
- Community Organization Worker Psychiatric
- Community Worker
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Department Manager
- Disability Policy Worker
- Social Services Aide
- Disability Case Manager
- Substance Abuse Counselor