The Master's of Science Program in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) at Dar Al-Hekma University is the first of its kind in the region. The program trains graduate students to become specialists in providing behavior analysis services to individuals with challenging behavior and/or skill deficits which will lead the development of the professional practice of applied behavior analysis in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The curriculum focuses on the clinical and educational applications of ABA, while also providing an intensive practicum experience to enhance and strengthen students' application of the principles of ABA both settings. Our graduates will be able to cater to the needs of all individuals affected by autism spectrum disorders (ASD), developmental disabilities, educational and behavioral challenges, and mental health issues.
"To graduate professionals and scholars committed to enhancing the quality of life of individuals, providing them with state of the art behavior analytic services, and leading radical advancement in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis in Saudi Arabia."
Why choose the Master of Applied Behavior Analysis program (MABA) in Dar Al-Hekma University?
- It is the first program in ABA in the Middle East.
- All course work and field experience standards are aligned with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®) requirements for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA®) certification.
- Program directed by the first and only Saudi with a Ph.D. in ABA and certified as a BCBA-D.
- Focuses on the clinical and educational applications of ABA.
- Provides an intensive practicum experience to enhance and strengthen students' application of the principles of ABA in clinical and educational settings.
- Provides opportunities for state of the art research in the field of behavior analysis.
The Association for Behavior Analysis International has verified the following courses toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® examination. Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination.
||Required TOEFL Score||REQUIRED BACHELOR DEGREE||Other Admission Requirements||Pre-Requisite Program|
| Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Applied Behavior
- Autism (Track)
|550||A Bachelor Degree in Applied|
Behavior Analysis, a
Bachelor Degree in Psychology,
a Bachelor Degree in
or any Related Field
For further details about admissions, click here
- Define major concepts and principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Conduct behavioral assessment.
- Select socially valid target behaviors.
- Select function-based treatment.
- Practice with integrity, according to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®) requirements for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA®) certification.
- Define behavior .
- Select appropriate behavior measures.
- Measure behavior.
- Analyze the results of behavior intervention to evaluate effects of treatment.
- Implement behavior change procedures.
|Year One (1)|
|Semester – Fall||Semester – Spring|
|MABA 6301||Concepts and Principles in Applied Behavior Analysis ||3||MABA 6304||Research I: Measurement and Experimental Design||3|
|MABA 6302||Ethical and Professional Practice in Applied Behavior Analysis ||3||MABA 6305||Behavioral Assessment ||3|
|MABA 6303||Behavior Change |
|3||MABA 6305||Behavior Change |
|MABA 6309||Analysis of Verbal Behavior||3||MABA 6310||Applied Behavior Analysis in Education||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12||Total Credit Hours||12|
|Year Two (2)|
|Semester – Fall||Semester – Spring|
|MABA 6307||Research II:Conducting Applied Research ||3||MABA 6308||Leadership, Management, Supervision and Training||3|
|MABA 6601||Practicum I||6||MABA 6602||Practicum I||6|
|MABA 6311||Clinical Problem-Solving and Decision Making in ABA||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12||Total Credit Hours||9|
| ||Total Credit Hours for
Graduation 45|| || |
| || |
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Service and program developer.
- Policy initiator.
- Program director/supervisor.
- Independent consultant.